Structured Wiring: The Backbone of Your Home’s Communication and Data
Structured wiring is being touted by many homebuilders as a way to “future-proof” and “digitally-enable” your home. It is the backbone of a home’s communication and data wiring, supporting telephone, television, audio, computer network wiring, security, and more.
The purpose of structured wiring is to organize and connect all of your low-voltage wiring in one place and to efficiently distribute a variety of data signals throughout your home.
Benefits of a Structured Wiring System
- Distribute multiple phone lines
- Play a DVD in one room and watch it on any other TV in your house
- Listen to your stereo in any room of your house
- Place video cameras at your front door, in the back yard, and in the baby’s room and monitor on any TV
- Connect multiple computers up to one internet connection
- Transmit files between computers in the house
- Share devices such as computer printers and fax machines
- Easily make adjustments to all of these options as your family’s needs change
As Better Homes and Gardens puts it, “Not installing Structured Wiring in a home built in the year 2000 – would be like leaving indoor plumbing as an afterthought in the year 1900.” The ideal time to install a home network is while your home is being built. Contact Spectrum Systems to learn more about how we can help you install a structured wiring system in your new home.