Many homebuilders are touting it as a way to “future-proof” and “digitally-enable” your home. Structured wiring is the backbone of a homes communication and data wiring. This backbone supports telephone, television, audio, computer network wiring, security, and more…
The purpose of structured wiring is a way to organize and connect all your low-voltage wiring in one place and to efficiently distribute a variety of data signals throughout your home.
A structured wiring system will allow you to:
- Distribute multiple phone lines
- Play a DVD in one room, and watch it on any other TV in your house
- Listen to your stereo in any room of your house
- Place video cameras at your front door, in the back yard, and in the baby’s room and monitor on any TV
- Connect multiple computers up to one internet connection
- Transmit files between computers in the house
- Share devices such as computer printers and fax machines
- Easily make adjustments to all of these options as your family’s needs change
“Not installing Structured Wiring in a home built in the year 2000 – would be like leaving indoor plumbing as an afterthought in the year 1900.”
–Better Homes and Gardens 2000
The ideal time to install a home network is while your home is being built!
“A big thanks to the folks at Spectrum Systems. They were a very knowledgeable, professional, patient, and thorough crew!!!! It was a pleasure to work with them!”