Many homebuilders are touting it as a way to “future-proof” and “digitally-enable” your home. Structured wiring is the backbone of a homes communication and data wiring. This backbone supports telephone, television, audio, computer network wiring, security, and more…
The purpose of structured wiring is a way to organize and connect all your low-voltage wiring in one place and to efficiently distribute a variety of data signals throughout your home.
A structured wiring system will allow you to:
- Distribute multiple phone lines
- Play a DVD in one room, and watch it on any other TV in your house
- Listen to your stereo in any room of your house
- Place video cameras at your front door, in the back yard, and in the baby’s room and monitor on any TV
- Connect multiple computers up to one internet connection
- Transmit files between computers in the house
- Share devices such as computer printers and fax machines
- Easily make adjustments to all of these options as your family’s needs change
“Not installing Structured Wiring in a home built in the year 2000 – would be like leaving indoor plumbing as an afterthought in the year 1900.”
–Better Homes and Gardens 2000
The ideal time to install a home network is while your home is being built!
Safe and Secure
“Spectrum Systems was so helpful and explained everything to me in detail. They made it comfortable for me to order my system and the installer was friendly and very patient. They took time to explain everything to me and I feel safe and secure with the new alarm system in my house.”