Unlike fire and burglary, carbon monoxide is an invisible, almost undetectable threat to your family and home. The Journal of the American Medical Association reports that carbon monoxide is the leading cause of accidental poisoning deaths in America. An invisible, colorless and odorless gas, carbon monoxide (CO) cannot be detected by the human senses. By the time you are aware that there is something wrong, it may already be too late. Exposure to excessive levels of carbon monoxide in the air you breathe results in a loss of consciousness, a coma and, if the (CO) levels remain high and you are not rescued, death. With seven out of eight homes containing some threat of carbon monoxide poisoning, integrating monitored carbon monoxide detectors into your home security system is a smart move.
Carbon AlarmEvery year, more than 200 Americans die from carbon monoxide poisoning and another 5,000 need hospital treatment. The very young and old, pregnant women, unborn babies, and people with heart and respiratory problems are especially vulnerable. You can avoid becoming one of these statistics by installing a carbon monoxide alarm or detector.
The primary causes of accidental CO poisoning are largely linked to defective furnaces, fireplace flues and oil heaters, as well as motor vehicle exhaust fumes. If you have any gas-fired appliances in your home, or live in a home with an attached garage, then you are potentially at risk of exposure to carbon monoxide.
Carbon monoxide detectors work around the clock, even when your security system isn’t armed to ensure total protection from carbon monoxide poisoning. Spectrum Systems is there all day, every day. If your detector stops working a signal notifies us, if an alarm is triggered we respond immediately, there is nothing for you to do, we’ve got you covered.
Don’t leave your home unprotected
For more information contact Spectrum Systems.
Safe and Secure
“Spectrum Systems was so helpful and explained everything to me in detail. They made it comfortable for me to order my system and the installer was friendly and very patient. They took time to explain everything to me and I feel safe and secure with the new alarm system in my house.”